Kentucky defeated Texas A&M in front of 23,455 fans inside Rupp Arena.
Highlights from UK Sports Video
From UK Athletics
Men’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Texas A&M at Kentucky, Rupp Arena, Lexington, Ky.
January 3, 2017
Final Score: No. 6/6 Kentucky 100, Texas A&M 58
- Kentucky is 12-2 overall, 2-0 in the Southeastern Conference. Texas A&M is 8-5, 0-2 in the SEC.
- Kentucky leads the series 7-3 and has won two in a row.
- Kentucky stays at home for an 8:30 p.m. Saturday tilt against Arkansas. The game will be televised on the SEC Network.
In the First Half
- Kentucky started the lineup of Isaiah Briscoe, De’Aaron Fox, Malik Monk, Wenyen Gabriel and Bam Adebayo for the eighth time this season. UK is 6-2 with this lineup.
- After spotting Texas A&M a 3-pointer on its first possession, Kentucky went on a 15-0 run.
- The run featured six straight turnovers by A&M and six straight baskets by UK.
- UK’s run featured three 3-pointers (two by Monk, one by Briscoe) and three dunks (Adebayo, Fox, Monk).
- Briscoe’s triple extended Kentucky’s streak of 3-pointers to 989 consecutive games, the longest streak in the nation.
- The Wildcats completed a 28-5 run to make the score 28-8.
- Monk swished three foul shots with three seconds left to give the Wildcats their biggest lead of the half at 50-27.
- It is the seventh time out of 14 games that the Wildcats tallied at least 50 in the first half.
- At one point of the first half (37-15), UK led points off turnovers 19-0. That stat was 21-2 at intermission.
In the Second Half
- After scoring 13 points in the first half, Monk came out firing in the second half, netting 13 points in the first eight minutes to give UK a 73-37 advantage. He scored the last of his game-high 26 points with 12:28 remaining in the game.
- Kentucky led by as many as 47 points en route to the 100-58 win.
- Kentucky is 139-5 (.965) under Calipari when holding the opponent to 63 or fewer points.
- This is Kentucky’s fifth 100-point game of the season, most in one season in the Calipari era and most since 1995-96.
- The 42-point margin of victory is UK’s second-largest against an SEC opponent in the Calipari era.
- Kentucky shot 52.4 percent from the field, the ninth time this season the Wildcats have hit at least half their shots.
- Kentucky hit a season-high 13 3-pointers, making 13-of-25 long balls.
- UK has made 36-of-83 (.434) on 3-pointers over the last four games.
- Kentucky made 21-of-26 at the foul line tonight, a season-best 80.8 percent.
- Kentucky harried A&M into 25 turnovers and won points off turnovers 35-2.
- Kentucky grabbed 13 offensive rebounds and won second-chance points 21-3.
- Calipari has a 674-189 (.781) on-court record, including a 229-49 (.824) mark at UK.
- Kentucky has an all-time mark of 553-65 (.895) in Rupp Arena.
- UK is 126-5 (.962) at Rupp Arena under John Calipari.
- UK has a 41-game home winning streak against unranked opponents.
- Freshman Malik Monk had a game-high 26 points, featuring 5-of-7 on 3-pointers.
- It’s his ninth 20-point game of the season and fourth time he’s made at least five 3-pointers.
- He’s scored double figures in every game this season.
- Freshman De’Aaron Fox scored 15 points, adding six assists and five rebounds.
- Sophomore Isaiah Briscoe tallied 13 points, including a career-best three 3-pointers.
- Briscoe has made his last five 3-point tries, dating back to the North Carolina game.
- Briscoe had a game-high seven assists.
- Freshman Bam Adebayo had 10 points, three blocked shots and a career-high three steals.
- He has reached double-figure scoring in 11-straight games.
- Sophomore Isaac Humphries notched eight points and six rebounds, most in both categories since Nov. 23.
- Sophomore Jonny David had a career-high five points, including the first 3-pointer of his career, and two free throws.
- Senior Mychal Mulder had five points, including a pair of free throws.
- Mulder has made every foul shot as a Wildcat, 6-of-6.