Highlights from UK Sports Video
From UK Athletics
Men’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Arkansas at Kentucky, Rupp Arena, Lexington, Ky.
January 7, 2017
Final Score: No. 6/6 Kentucky 97, Arkansas 71
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 13-2 overall, 3-0 in the Southeastern Conference. Arkansas is 12-3, 1-2 in the SEC.
- This is the fourth time in Coach John Calipari’s eight seasons at UK that the Wildcats have been spotless through their first three league games.
- Kentucky leads the series 29-11 and has won four in a row.
- Next for Kentucky: the Wildcats play at Vanderbilt on Tuesday at 7 p.m. EST. The game will be televised on ESPN.
In the First Half
- Kentucky started the lineup of Isaiah Briscoe, De’Aaron Fox, Malik Monk, Wenyen Gabriel and Bam Adebayo for the ninth time this season. UK is 7-2 with this lineup.
- Derek Willis hit a 3-pointer at the 15:24 mark, extending Kentucky’s streak of 3-pointers to 990 consecutive games, the longest streak in the nation.
- Trailing 20-15, Arkansas went on a 9-0 run to take a 24-20 lead with 8:04 left.
- At that point, Kentucky went to a four-guard lineup, sparking a 12-0 run, giving the Wildcats a lead they never relinquished.
- UK stayed with the four-guard set for seven minutes, going 15-5 in that segment.
- UK led the remainder of the half and went to intermission ahead 41-38.
In the Second Half
- UK gradually pulled away in the second half, eventually leading by as many as 26 points at the final score of 97-71.
- UK controlled the second half, 56-33.
- Kentucky shot 52.5 percent from the field, the 10th time this season the Wildcats have hit at least half their shots.
- UK made 28-of-40 foul shots, season highs in both categories.
- Five Wildcats scored in double figures; it’s the sixth straight game that at least one Wildcat tallied 20 or more points.
- Kentucky get a good job getting out on the fast break, leading that statistic 24-4.
- Calipari has a 675-189 (.781) on-court record, including a 230-49 (.824) mark at UK.
- Kentucky has an all-time mark of 554-65 (.895) in Rupp Arena.
- UK is 127-5 (.962) at Rupp Arena under John Calipari.
- UK has a 42-game home winning streak against unranked opponents.
- Freshman De’Aaron Fox had a career-high 27 points, including a perfect 7-of-7 at the free throw line.
- Fox added six rebounds and a game-high six assists.
- Playing just 19 minutes, senior Derek Willis tied his season high with 15 points, making a season-best three 3-pointers.
- Sophomore Isaiah Briscoe had 15 points and added a game-high eight rebounds.
- Briscoe missed his only 3-point try, ending a streak of five consecutive made threes.
- Freshman Malik Monk had 12 points, continuing his streak of double-figure scoring in every game this season.
- This was his first game as a Wildcat that he did not hit at least one 3-pointer.
- Freshman Bam Adebayo worked for 11 points and has reached double-figure scoring in 11-straight games.
- Playing nine minutes, senior Mychal Mulder had six points on a pair of 3-pointers.
- Sophomore Isaac Humphries contributed four points and four rebounds in seven minutes of action.