Kentucky defeated Vanderbilt 87-81 in Nashville.
Highlights from UK Sports Video
From UK Athletics
Men’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Kentucky at Vanderbilt, Memorial Gym, Nashville, Tenn.
Jan. 10, 2017
Final Score: No. 6/6 Kentucky 87, Vanderbilt 81
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 14-2 overall, 4-0 in the Southeastern Conference. Vanderbilt is 8-8, 2-2 in the SEC.
- This is the fourth time in Coach John Calipari’s eight seasons at UK that the Wildcats have been spotless through their first four league games.
- Kentucky leads the series 142-47. Vanderbilt won the last meeting
o Kentucky is 56-29 in Nashville.
o Calipari is 12-4 vs. Vanderbilt.
- Next for Kentucky: the Wildcats return to Rupp Arena to face Auburn on Saturday at 4 p.m. The game will be shown on ESPN.
In the First Half
- Kentucky started the lineup of Isaiah Briscoe,De’Aaron Fox, Malik Monk, Wenyen Gabriel and Bam Adebayo for the 10th time this season. UK is 8-2 with this lineup.
- Kentucky began the game on a 9-0 run.
- Malik Monk hit a 3-pointer at the 18:06 mark, extending Kentucky’s streak of 3-pointers to 991 consecutive games, tied for the longest streak in the nation.
- UK led 9-0 at the 17:19 mark. Vanderbilt scored 10 of the next 12 points in the game to inch within one.
o Monk left the game at the 16:54 mark when he picked up his second foul, and Fox headed to the bench with his second foul 11 seconds later.
- Vanderbilt took a 17-15 lead at the under-12 media timeout, and led 19-17 at 12:57, but UK used an 8-0 run over 2:17 to turn that deficit into a 25-19 lead.
- Vandy bounced back again and had a 31-29 lead at the 6:02 mark.
- Kentucky had another 8-0 run from the 5:34 mark until 3:26 to take a 37-31 lead.
- Kentucky led 45-41 at half.
In the Second Half
- Vanderbilt’s last lead was 53:52 with 16:43 to play.
- UK used an 8-0 run over 1:48 to take a 59-53 lead at the 14:28 mark.
- Monk made four free throws over the final 17 seconds to clinch the win.
- Thirty-three of Kentucky’s first 59 points came as part of runs of 8-0 or better.
- Kentucky shot 51 percent from the field, the 11th time this season the Wildcats have hit at least half their shots, and fourth time in a row (all SEC games).
- Four Wildcats scored in double figures.
- Both Isaiah Briscoe (23) and De’Aaron Fox (22) scored more than 20 points, marking the seventh straight game that at least one Wildcat tallied 20 or more points.
- Calipari has a 676-189 (.782) on-court record, including a 231-49 (.825) mark at UK.
- Sophomore Isaiah Briscoe had a game-high 23 points.
- The 23 points is new career high.
- He tied for the team lead in rebounds with seven.
- He led the team in assists with five.
- Freshman De’Aaron Fox followed up his career-high 27 points from Saturday with 22 points.
- Fox added five rebounds and two assists.
- It was the sixth 20-point game of his career.
- Freshman Bam Adebayo scored 14 points, and has reached double-figure scoring in 13-straight games.
- His 13 first-half points were the second best output through the opening 20 minutes this year (14 at Ole Miss).
- FreshmanMalik Monk scored 18 points and scored UK’s final six points of the game.
- He made UK’s only 3-pointer, and has made at least one 3-pointer in all-but one game this year.