Kentucky defeated Auburn 92-72 inside Rupp Arena.
Highlights from UK Sports video
From UK Athletics
Men’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Auburn at Kentucky, Rupp Arena, Lexington, Ky.
January 14, 2017
Attendance: 24,372 (season high)
Final Score: No. 6/6 Kentucky 92, Auburn 72
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 15-2 overall, 5-0 in the Southeastern Conference. Auburn is 11-6, 1-4 in the SEC.
- This is the third time in Coach John Calipari’s eight seasons at UK that the Wildcats have been spotless through their first five league games.
- Kentucky leads the series 92-18, including 47-2 in Lexington.
- Next for Kentucky: the Wildcats play at Mississippi State on Tuesday at 7 p.m. EST. The game will be televised on ESPN.
In the First Half
- Kentucky started the lineup of Isaiah Briscoe, De’Aaron Fox, Malik Monk, Wenyen Gabriel and Bam Adebayo for the 11th time this season. UK is 9-2 with this lineup.
- After making only one 3-point shot Tuesday at Vanderbilt, Kentucky came out hot from long distance today. The Wildcats made 8-of-12 on 3-pointers in the first half – including their first two baskets by Gabriel and Monk — extending Kentucky’s streak of 3-pointers to 992 consecutive games.
- Trailing 13-10, Kentucky went on a 10-0 run and never trailed again.
- Kentucky added a 9-0 spurt to go ahead 36-25.
- The Wildcats led by 13 points on two occasions in the first half and went to intermission with a 51-39 advantage.
- It was the eighth time this season that UK tallied at least 50 points in the first half.
In the Second Half
- Kentucky increased the lead to 14 points at 58-44 before Auburn went on a 12-2 run, pulling within 60-56.
- Briscoe responded with a 3-pointer and a layup.
- Auburn refused to go away, getting back within 70-64.
- At that point, Kentucky put the game away with a 14-4 spurt, giving the Wildcats an 84-68 advantage.
- Kentucky went on to a 92-72 victory, its largest lead of the game.
- Kentucky shot a season-best 57.1 percent from the field. It is the 12th time this season and fifth game in a row that the Wildcats have hit at least half their shots.
- Kentucky also shot a season-high 57.9 percent on 3-pointers, making 11 of 19.
- Five Wildcats scored in double figures; it’s the eighth straight game that at least one Wildcat tallied 20 or more points.
- Led by Wenyen Gabriel’s career-high 16 rebounds, UK won the board battle 40-28.
- Calipari has a 677-189 (.782) on-court record, including a 232-49 (.826) mark at UK.
- Kentucky has an all-time mark of 555-65 (.895) in Rupp Arena.
- UK is 128-5 (.962) at Rupp Arena under John Calipari.
- UK has a 43-game home winning streak against unranked opponents.
- Freshman Malik Monk had 24 points and six assists, game highs in both categories.
- This was his 10th 20-point game of the season.
- He continued his streak of double-figure scoring in every game this season.
- Freshman Bam Adebayo had 15 points and has reached double-figure scoring in 14-straight games.
- Freshman De’Aaron Fox had 13 points, five assists and four rebounds. It is his fourth straight game scoring in double figures.
- Senior Mychal Mulder had 12 points, one shy of his career high, and the most since tallying 12 against UT Martin on Nov. 25.
- Sophomore Isaiah Briscoe had 10 points, featuring two crucial baskets when Auburn got within four points in the second half.
- Freshman Wenyen Gabriel pulled down a career-high 16 rebounds. His six points came on a pair of 3-point shots, the first time he had made multiple 3-pointers in a game.