Kentucky defeated Georgia 82-77 in Athens Georgia.
Highlights from UK Sports Video
From UK Athletics
Men’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Kentucky at Georgia, Stegeman Coliseum, Athens, Ga.
Feb. 18, 2017
Final Score: No. 13/11 Kentucky 82, Georgia 77
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky won its fourth game in a row and is 22-5 overall, 12-2 in the Southeastern Conference. Georgia is 15-12, 6-8 in the SEC.
o Kentucky swept the season series.
- Kentucky leads the series 123-26.
o UK leads 42-17 in Athens.
o UK has won eight in a row in the series.
- Next for Kentucky: the Wildcats continue their two-game road swing at Missouri on Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET. SEC Network will air the game.
In the First Half
- Kentucky started the lineup of Isaiah Briscoe,De’Aaron Fox, Malik Monk, Wenyen Gabriel and Bam Adebayo for the 19th time this season. UK is 15-4 with this lineup.
- Malik Monk’s 3-pointer with 16:15 on the clock extended UK’s streak of 1,002 consecutive games with a triple.
- Kentucky went on an 8-0 run over 2:15 to take a 13-8 lead at the 13:07 mark.
- Kentucky led by as many as five in the first half, Georgia’s largest first-half lead was by four with 19:03.
- Georgia guard J.J. Frazier hit a 3-pointer as time expired to cut Kentucky’s halftime lead to two, 33-31.
In the Second Half
- Neither team was able to pull away throughout the second half.
- From 73-73 with 1:12 to play, Kentucky closed the game on a 9-4 run.
- Kentucky made 17 free throws in a row during the final 6:17 of the game, including nine straight in the final minute, before Adebayo’s inconsequential miss with five seconds left.
- Kentucky shot a season-high 82.1 percent (23 of 28) at the line.
o UK made 17 of its last 18 free throws.
- Kentucky shot 46.6 percent from the field. UK is 22-1 this season when shooting at least 42 percent.
- Kentucky won the rebounding for the fourth straight game, 41-26. UK is 18-3 this season when outrebounding the opponent.
o Since losing the battle of the boards in the loss at Florida, UK has had an average rebounding margin of +10 during the current four-game win streak.
o Georgia’s 26 rebounds tied UT-Martin and LSU for the fewest by a UK opponent this season.
- Calipari has a 684-192 (.781) on-court record, including a 239-52 (.821) mark at UK.
- Georgia guard J.J. Frazierscored a game-high 36 points, the most an opposing player has scored against UK this year.UK has allowed four players to score more than 30 this year. The Wildcats had allowed an opposing player to score more than 30 in a game five times in the four years prior to this.
o Frazier scored the most points against UK since Elston Turner scored 40 to lead Texas A&M to a 83-71 win in Rupp Arena Jan. 12, 2013.
- Kentucky held Georgia to three made 3-pointers, trying the season-low by a UK opponent this year. UK has held its opponent to just three made 3s in three straight games.
- Freshman De’Aaron Fox had 16 points, and added five rebounds and five assists.
- He scored 14 of them in the final 4:36 of the game – eight of them on free throws.
- His 10 free-throw attempts tied his career-high.
- Freshman Malik Monk tallied 16 points, continuing his streak of double-figure scoring in every game this season.
- His five first-half assists were his most in any half this season. He finished with five dimes.
- After being held scoreless through the first 13:26 of the second half, he scored eight points in the final 6:44 of the game.
- Senior Derek Willis grabbed a career-high-tying 12 rebounds.
- He scored seven points on a perfect 3 of 3 shooting, including one made 3.
- Freshman Bam Adebayo had 13 points and grabbed eight rebounds.
- Senior Dominique Hawkins followed up his season-high 10-point performance last Tuesday with nine tonight.
- Senior Mychal Mulder scored nine points – his most since scoring 12 vs. Auburn on Jan. 14.
- All his made baskets were 3-pointers (three).