Florida defeated Kentucky in Gainesville to close out the regular season.
Final Score: Florida 80, Kentucky 67
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky had its four-game winning streak snapped and is 21-10 overall to finish the regular season. Kentucky concluded the Southeastern Conference season 10-8 in league play. Florida is 20-11, 11-7 in the SEC.
- Kentucky leads the series 100-40
o UK leads 35-26 in Gainesville, Florida.
- Next for the Wildcats: Kentucky will begin the SEC Tournament next week in St. Louis with opponent and game time to be determined later Saturday as all the conference games finish.
o If Missouri defeats Arkansas at 6:30 p.m. ET, Kentucky will be the No. 4 seed and get a double bye, not playing until Friday.
o If Arkansas beats Missouri, UK will be the No. 5 seed and play Thursday.
In the First Half
- Kentucky’s starting lineup featured Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Hamidou Diallo, Wenyen Gabriel, Kevin Knox and Nick Richards for the seventh time this season. UK is 5-2 with this lineup.
- Kentucky extended its streak of 1,044 consecutive games with a 3-pointer when Knox connected with 18:38 on the clock.
- Florida used an 8-0 run over 3:18 to open up its first double-digit lead with 6:05 to play, 28-17, forcing a UK timeout.
- Florida’s largest lead in the first half was 17 with 1:35 to play.
- Florida made 10 of 12 field-goal attempts to close the half. That run included three straight 3-pointers between the 3:57 and 2:28 marks.
- Florida’s 48 first-half points tied West Virginia for the most in a first half by a UK opponent this year.
- Gilgeous-Alexander had 10 points, marking the sixth time this season he’s had double figures in the first half, and the second in a row.
In the Second Half
- Florida made its first six field-goal attempts of the second half.
o Stretched to the 6:52 mark in the first half, Florida made 16 of 18 field-goal attempts and eight of them were 3-pointers.
- Florida opened up a 62-39 lead at the 16:04 mark when Egor Koulechov hit a 3-pointer. UF’s 23-point lead tied for the biggest deficit UK has faced this year. The other time that occurred was Feb. 10 at Texas A&M.
- UK held Florida without a field goal, an 0-of-10 stretch over between the 14:40 and 7:22 marks.
o UK went on a 7-0 run over 2:52 to cut the UF lead into single digits 65-56 at the 6:48 mark.
o Kentucky got no closer, as Florida answered with its own 7-0 run in less than a minute.
- UK has scored at least 80 points in the last five games.
o It’s the first time UK tallied at least 80 in five straight games since it was done eight games in a row last season.
- Florida’s 80 points were the fifth most by a UK opponent this year.
- UK blocked two shots, tying its season low for the fourth time.
- Kentucky’s six assists were a season low.
- UK got to the foul line 22 times, making 13, a 59.1-percent clip.
o UK is shot 76.6 from the foul line during its recent four-game winning streak.
- UK won the rebounding 36-34. UK is 19-5 this season when outrebounding the opponent.
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander scored a team-high 17 points, reaching that total for the second game in a row, while reaching double figures for the fourth game in a row.
- Quade Green netted 11 points, including going 3 of 3 from 3-point range.
- He’s made at least two 3-pointers in five straight games.
- Over the last five games, he’s shooting 55-percent (11 of 20) from beyond the arc.
- He has scored double figures in five straight games, the best stretch of his career.
- He made three 3s in a game for the fourth time this year, but for the first time since Jan. 6.
- PJ Washington scored 11 points, his sixth straight game in double figures, all off the bench.
- That’s the best stretch of his career.
- He added seven rebounds, the seventh straight game he has garnered at least five caroms.
- Kevin Knox scored 14, his eighth straight game in double figures.
Coach John Calipari
- Calipari has a 715-203 all-time on-court record.
- Calipari is now 270-63 at Kentucky.
- Calipari is 15-8 vs. Florida.
PJ Washington and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander