Highlights from UK Sports Video
From UK Athletics
UK MEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
KENTUCKY vs. MEGA BEMAX
BIG BLUE BAHAMAS | ATLANTIS IMPERIAL ARENA| PARADISE ISLAND, BAHAMAS
AUG. 11, 2018
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 100, Mega Bemax 64
- This was Kentucky’s third exhibition game of the Big Blue Bahamas foreign exhibition tour. UK will wrap up the tour on Sunday at 4 p.m. ET at the Atlantis Imperial Arena. That game will be televised on the SEC Network and on the Watch ESPN app.
- UK improved to 133-12 all-time in exhibition games and 8-1 in the Bahamas. The Wildcats went 5-1 in their previous trip to the Bahamas in 2014.
- Kentucky has won its last 12 exhibition games dating back to Nov. 2, 2014, vs. Pikeville.
- A total of 1,329 fans packed Atlantis Imperial Arena, a Big Blue Bahamas high thus far.
- Kentucky started Quade Green, Immanuel Quickley, Keldon Johnson, PJ Washington and Nick Richards for the third straight game.
- UK, as it did the first two games, got off to a fast start. Ignited by a Green layup to start the game, the Wildcats ran out to an early 7-2 lead. After Mega Bemax answered with five straight, Kentucky reeled off eight consecutive points and a 19-1 overall run, ignited by 3-pointers from Quickley and Green.
- The Wildcats were great defensively against a physical team. UK held Mega Bemax without a field goal for 10:38 of game time (17:37 to 6:49).
- After the game was tied 7-7, UK outscored Mega Bemax 40-22 the rest of the first half.
- Kentucky had more free throws (11) than Mega Bemax had points (10) midway through the first half.
- The Wildcats limited Mega Bemax to 8 of 34 from the field, a paltry .257 percentage.
- Green (nine points), Washington (nine points, six rebounds), Reid Travis (eight points, four rebounds) and Johnson (eight points) starred for Kentucky in the first half.
- Johnson came out firing in the second half. He scored seven points in the first 3:45 of the second half, all of the emphatic variety. After knocking down a 3-pointer, he threw down two powerful dunks, including an alley-oop slam from Green.
- The Wildcats led by as many as 39 points (97-58).
- After a quiet first half, Tyler Herro caught fire once again and scored 12 points. He made both of his 3-point attempts in the second stanza.
- Richards also had a strong second half with 11 points after halftime.
- The Wildcats reached the 100-point threshold for the first time in the Bahamas.
- Ashton Hagans reached that point for UK with a breakaway layup with 29 seconds to go.
- UK is averaging 92.0 points through three games.
- Kentucky made 7 of its 14 3-point-attemp. After UK shot 7 of 12 from behind the 3-point arc in game two of the Bahamas trip, UK has shot 54 percent from long range in the past two games.
- Six Wildcats scored in double figures for the second game in a row.
- UK led for all but 20 seconds of the game.
- The Wildcats won the battle of the glass again, although by the slimmest margin of the Bahamas trip, outrebounding Mega BeMax 48-44.
- PJ Washington recorded the first double-double by a Wildcat in the Big Blue Bahamas with 20 points and 12 rebounds.
- He was also a menace defensively, racking up game highs in both blocks (4) and steals (4).
- Keldon Johnson scored 16 points on an efficient 7-of-8 day from the floor.
- Quade Green scored 10 points and went 4 of 6 from the floor.
- After going 1 of 11 in the first game, Green has made 8 of 10 shots over the last two games.
- Tyler Herro scored in double figures for a third straight game with 16 points on 4-of-6 shooting.
- He continues to lead Kentucky in scoring in the Bahamas with an 18.0 average.
- Nick Richards scored 15 points with a 9-for-11 night from the line.
- He just missed out on a double-double with nine rebounds.
- The Wildcats were plus-32 on the scoreboard with Richards on the floor, the best mark on the team.
- He’s averaging 14.7 points and shooting 82.4 percent from the floor and 84.2 percent from the line over the three games.
- Immanuel Quickley had another solid floor gam with 12 points, five assists and no turnovers.
- He’s registered 14 assists with no turnovers through three games.