Kentucky defeated South Carolina 24-10 at Kroger Field.
Highlights from UK Sports Radio
From UK Athletics
FINAL SCORE: No. 17 Kentucky 24, South Carolina 10
Team Records and Series Information
- Kentucky is 5-0, 3-0 in the Southeastern Conference. South Carolina is 2-2, 1-2 in the SEC.
- South Carolina leads the series 17-12-1 but Kentucky has won five in a row.
- Kentucky win streaks vs. SEC opponents:
- Eight vs. Mississippi State, 1958, 1972, 1973, 1976 (forfeit), 1977, 1984, 1985 and 1992.
- Six vs. Vanderbilt, 1976-81.
- Five vs. South Carolina, 2014-18.
- Next for the Wildcats: on Oct. 6, UK plays at Texas A&M at 7 or 7:30 p.m. EDT. The television channel is TBA.
- Kentucky is 5-0 for the first time since 2007 and the fifth time since World War II (also 1949, 1950, 1984).
- UK is 3-0 in SEC play for the first time since the 1977 team went undefeated in league play and the fourth time in school history (also 1949 and 1950).
- UK has its most SEC wins over three seasons (11) since 1977-79 (11).
- UK is 7-3 in its last 10 SEC home games, tying its best 10-game home stretch in the history of Kroger Field/Commonwealth Stadium, going 7-3 from Nov. 9, 1974 to Nov. 19, 1977.
- UK is 14-5 in its last 19 regular season games. That’s the best 19-game regular-season stretch since Nov. 13, 1976, to Oct. 21, 1978 (14-4-1).
- UK is 13-4 in its last 17 home games. It is the best stretch since 2006-08.
- UK is 17-5 in August/September over the last five seasons.
- Tonight’s attendance of 63,081 is the third-largest since the renovation of Kroger Field in 2015.
- UK has allowed 63 points this season, fewest in the first five games of a season since 2008.
- UK has allowed 33 points in three SEC games this season, fewest in first three SEC games since 1977.
- This is the first time UK has scored at least 24 points in its first three SEC games since 1997.
- This is the first time UK has allowed 16 points or fewer in its first three SEC games since 1977.
- UK has allowed 20 points or less in all five games this season, first time since 2008 that UK has allowed five straight opponents to 20 or less.
- UK has allowed 360 yards or less in all five games, first time UK has allowed 360 or less to the first five opponents since 1987.
- UK scored all 24 points on four consecutive possessions in the first half with a field goal and three straight TDs.
- UK’s 24-3 halftime lead was its largest vs. an SEC opponent since leading Vanderbilt 34-10 at halftime in 2005.
Notes on the Scoring Margin
- UK has five consecutive wins by at least 11 points in the same season for the first time since 1977.
- UK opened the season with five consecutive wins by at least 11 points for the first time since 1950.
- UK has three SEC wins by at least 11 points in the same season for the first time since 2002.
- UK has three consecutive SEC wins by at least 11 points for the first time since 1999.
- UK has started SEC play 3-0 with each win by at least 11 points for the first time since 1977.
- UK has won its first four home games by at least 14 points, first time since 1987.
- UK’s game captains were RB Benny Snell, S Mike Edwards, LB Kash Daniel and LB Josh Allen.
- Sophomore quarterback Terry Wilson completed 13 of 20 passes for 132 yards.
- He rushed 9 times for 59 yards, including a one-yard touchdown run.
- He became the first UK quarterback to win his first five career starts since Bill Ransdell in 1984.
- Junior running back Benny Snell Jr. rushed 28 times for 99 yards and one touchdown.
- He extended his UK career touchdown record to 40 total TDs.
- Has 3,063 career rushing yards, surpassing Rafael Little (2,996) for third place in UK history.
- Snell has 18 touchdowns in the last eight home games.
- Sophomore running back A.J. Rose rushed seven times for 38 yards, including an outstanding 24-yard touchdown run.
- Sophomore wide receiver Lynn Bowden caught four passes for 18 yards.
- Senior wide receiver Dorian Baker caught two passes for 29 yards.
- He now has 1,113 career receiving yards, moving past Javess Blue (1,111) for 25th place on the UK career list.
- Senior linebacker Josh Allen had another incredible game. He had eight tackles, four tackles for loss (-19), including three quarterback sacks (-17), caused one fumble and had a quarterback hurry.
- He has 20.5 career quarterback sacks, moving past Dennis Johnson (19 sacks) for third place on the UK career list.
- He is the first UK player with three sacks in an SEC game since Marlon McCree vs. South Carolina in 1998.
- He is the first UK player with four tackles for loss in any game since Marlon McCree vs. Florida in 1998.
- Senior safety Darius West picked off his second interception of the season, third of his career. He also had two pass breakups tonight.
- Senior safety Mike Edwards got his first interception of the season, ninth of his career.