From UK Athletics
KENTUCKY POSTGAME NOTES
Georgia at Kentucky
Kroger Field, Lexington, Ky.
Nov. 3, 2018
FINAL SCORE: No. 6/5 Georgia 34, No. 11/12 Kentucky 17
Team Records and Series Information
- Kentucky is 7-2, 5-2 in the Southeastern Conference. Georgia is 8-1, 6-1 in the SEC.
- The Bulldogs clinch the Eastern Division berth in the SEC Championship Game.
- Despite today’s loss, UK has clinched a first- or second-place finish in the SEC East.
- Georgia leads the series 58-12-2.
- Next for the Wildcats: UK wraps up the SEC schedule Saturday, Nov. 10, at Tennessee. Game time and television assignment will be finalized tonight, following the outcomes of today’s games.
- This was the most points Kentucky has allowed this season. However, this is the first time since the 1993 season that UK has allowed 34 points or less in each of the first nine games.
- UK has allowed 138 points this season, fewest in the first nine games of a season since 1987 (136).
- This was the most yards Kentucky has allowed this season. However, this is the first time since 1989 that UK has allowed 444 yards or less in the first nine games.
- UK allowed 113 yards passing tonight, fewest against a top 10-ranked team since Alabama in 2008.
- Nine different players caught passes for UK, most in an SEC game this season.
- UK’s game captains were LB Kash Daniel, RB Benny Snell, LB Josh Allen and S Mike Edwards.
- Sophomore quarterback Terry Wilson completed 23 of 29 passes for 226 yards and one touchdown.
- He completed 79.3 percent of his passes, the highest percentage for a UK quarterback with at least 25 attempts since Patrick Towles vs. Missouri in 2015.
- Has completed at least 70 percent of his passes in consecutive SEC games, the first UK player to do so since Mike Hartline in 2010.
- It was a UK quarterback’s best completion percentage against a top-10 team since Mike Hartline vs. Auburn in 2010.
- Has five SEC games with at least 65 percent completions, first UK quarterback to do so since Andre’ Woodson in 2006.
- Junior running back Benny Snell Jr. rushed 20 times for 73 yards, including a nine-yard touchdown run.
- He has 1,008 rushing yards this season, becoming the first player in school history with three 1,000-yard seasons.
- Became the third player in SEC history to have 1,000 rushing yards and 10 rushing TDs in each of his first three seasons, joining Georgia’s Herschel Walker (1980-82) and Darren McFadden (2005-07) of Arkansas.
- Has 3,432 career rushing yards, remaining in second place in UK history.
- Snell moves into the top-20 rushers in SEC history, currently ranking No. 20.
- Snell moved into second place in UK career rushing attempts with 647 carries.
- Sophomore wide receiver Lynn Bowden led the Wildcats’ pass receiving with six catches for 52 yards.
- After catching 13 passes last week, he has 19 in the last two games, best for a UK receiver in a two-game stretch since Matt Roark had 20 catches vs. Mississippi State and Ole Miss in 2011.
- Senior wide receiver Dorian Baker had one catch tonight. He has 99 career receptions, needs one to become 16thplayer in school history with 100 catches.
- Sophomore running back A.J. Rose caught four passes for 59 yards, all career highs, including a 31-yard catch-and-run for his first collegiate receiving TD.
- Senior safety Mike Edwards led the UK defensive effort with 11 tackles, his first double-figure game of the season and 10th of his career.
- Edwards is seven tackles from 300 stops in his career.
- Sophomore safety Davonte Robinson had a career-high nine tackles, including a two-yard tackle for loss.
- Senior linebacker Jordan Jones had nine tackles, including one-half tackle for loss.
- Senior linebacker Josh Allen had three tackles and a pair of fumble recoveries. The two recoveries are the first of his career.
- Sophomore wide receiver Isaiah Epps made his first collegiate start. He caught two passes for 29 yards.