Kentucky defeated Monmouth 90-44 inside Rupp Arena.
Highlights from UK Sports Video
Final Score: No. 10/9 Kentucky 90, Monmouth 44
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 6-1 on the season, winning its sixth in a row, all by double digits. Monmouth is 0-8.
- UK is now 2-0 vs. Monmouth, with this being the first time the teams have played in Lexington.
- Next for Kentucky: the Wildcats conclude the seven-game home stand Saturday against UNC Greensboro. That game is slated for a 1 p.m. tip on ESPN2.
In the First Half
- Kentucky started Immanuel Quickley, Tyler Herro, Keldon Johnson, Reid Travis and PJ Washington for the third time this season. This lineup is now 3-0.
- Tied at six, Herro scored eight straight points, sparking an 11-0 run.
- After Monmouth narrowed the gap to 22-18, UK took control for good with a 10-0 spurt for a 32-18 advantage.
- UK ended the half on a 5-0 run and took 44-22 lead into the locker room.
- All nine Wildcats who played in the first half also hit the scoring column, led by 12 from Herro.
- With Monmouth playing a lot of zone in the first half, UK hit six 3-point shots.
In the Second Half
- Kentucky opened the second stanza with Johnson, Quickley, Herro, Travis and EJ Montgomery.
- Ahead 50-26, a 10-0 run made it 60-26.
- UK added an 11-0 run to make the score 82-37.
- Moments later, UK pushed the lead to 47 points at 86-39. It is UK’s largest lead of the season.
- Kentucky allowed 44 points tonight, a season best for the Wildcats.
- UK is 64-0 under Calipari when limiting the opponent to 55 or fewer points.
- Monmouth’s 27.6 shooting percent is also a season best for the UK defense.
- Kentucky won the rebounding 40-25, the sixth straight game winning the glass.
- UK has a plus-16.9 rebound margin through the first six games of the season.
- Kentucky blocked five shots tonight. UK has rejected at least five opponent shots in every game this season.
- Offensively, UK hit the 90-point mark for the third time this season.
- UK had season highs by making 56.6 percent from the field and 87 percent at the foul line.
- UK’s 10 3-pointers made also is a season best.
- The win marked the 49th consecutive home win over an unranked Associated Press poll nonconference opponent.
- UK is now 229-38 under John Calipari against unranked competition.
- UK is now 9-5 as a No. 10-ranked team under Calipari.
- UK improved to 239-5 (.980) under Calipari when leading by at least 10 points at any point in the game.
- Tyler Herro led a balanced attack with 16 points and shared game-high rebounding honors (with PJ Washington) with eight boards.
- Herro also had five steals, tying his season best.
- Keldon Johnson followed with 15 points, his sixth double-figure game of the season.
- Quade Green tallied 14 points, featuring a career-high four 3-pointers.
- Reid Travis scored 13 points and added six rebounds.
- PJ Washington scored eight points and matched it with eight rebounds, tying Herro for game-high rebounding.
- Calipari is now 281-65 at UK, including 61-6 in the month of November.
- Calipari has a 726-205 all-time on-court record.
- He is now 16 wins away from tying Joe B. Hall for the most victories by a UK head coach in program history.