KENTUCKY POSTGAME NOTES
No. 20 Florida at Kentucky
Kroger Field, Lexington, Ky.
Sept. 23, 2017
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 27, Florida 28
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 3-1, 1-1 in the Southeastern Conference. Florida is 2-1, 2-0 in the SEC.
- Florida leads the series 51-17, including 21-10 in games played in Lexington. The Gators have won 31 consecutive meetings dating back to 1986.
- Tonight’s attendance at Kroger Field was 62,965, which is the fourth largest crowd in Kroger Field history since the renovation in 2015.
- Kentucky will return to action Sat. Sept. 30 with a non-conference contest against Eastern Michigan at 4 p.m. ET. The game will be televised on the SEC Network. It also will be carried live on the UK Sports Radio Network.
- Tonight was the third time in the last 31 years that Kentucky has held a lead against Florida after the third quarter. The other two games were 1993 and 2003.
- Tonight’s loss was just the second for UK under Mark Stoops when leading after three quarters. UK is now 18-2 in those games.
- Kentucky’s 27 points were the most scored in regulation against Florida since Oct. 20, 2007. The Wildcats scored 37 points in that game.
- This was the first time Kentucky has allowed 28 points or less in each of its first four games of the season since 2008.
- Kentucky is 10-4 in its last 14 regular-season games, which is its best record in a 14-game regular-season span since Oct. 7, 2006 to Oct. 13, 2007 when the Cats were also 10-4.
- UK’s game captains were OG Nick Haynes, QB Stephen Johnson, LB Courtney Love and S Mike Edwards.
- Stephen Johnson finished the game 17-for-25 for 196 yards and three touchdowns.
- His three touchdown passes tied a career high, which he has set twice in his career. The last time he accomplished the feat was Nov. 26, 2016 against Louisville.
- Johnson’s three TD passes were the most for a UK quarterback against Florida since Andre’ Woodson on Oct. 20, 2007 when he had five TDs.
- Benny Snell rushed 14 times for 59 yards.
- Snell leads Kentucky in rushing this season with 85 carries for 331 yards and three touchdowns.
- Snell now has 1,422 career rushing yards, moving to 22nd all-time in career rushing yards at UK.
- Garrett Johnson caught four passes for 56 yards and a touchdown in the game.
- With his nine-yard TD catch in the first half, Johnson moved to sixth all-time in career receiving yards at Kentucky passing Randall Cobb and La’Rod King with 1,711 yards.
- Johnson now has 10 career touchdown catches.
- C.J. Conrad caught two passes for 34 yards and a touchdown in the game, marking his eighth career touchdown pass and third of the season.
- Conrad leads Kentucky in receiving this season with nine catches for 195 yards.
- Mike Edwards led Kentucky with 11 tackles, adding a pass breakup.
- Edwards is third on the team with 24 tackles this season.
- Austin MacGinnis hit two field goals in the game, breaking the school record for made field goals in a career with 58. The previous record was 57 by Joey Worley.
- Blake Bone caught a 14-yard touchdown pass in the first quarter, which was his fourth career touchdown reception and his first since 2015.
- Darius West made his first career interception in the third quarter and returned it 21 yards.
- For the game, West had eight tackles.